The Crapo Famiily

The Crapo Family

Saturday, April 24, 2010

5th Grade Track Meet


Jake and Iven

Jake's school competed in a 5th grade track meet hosted by one of the high schools. Each kids competed in four events, and six kids were in each competition. Jake chose to compete in the running long jump, the standing long jump, the 75 meter dash and the 400 meter relay. He placed first in the standing long jump and 75 meter dash. Second place in the running long jump, and his team was sixth place in the 400 meter. I was lucky enough to go, but Jake would "forget" to tell me he was going to race, so I missed a few of the events. The 75 meter dash, I just happened to look up and there he was running, and watched him cross the finish line first. Then the next thing I saw was him sitting on the ground in tears. The judges said that he already had second place and that was it. So I went over to try to help him, and they refused. Luckily his PE teacher saw it too and made sure he got the right ribbon. He also had the support of all of our friends that were sitting in the stand that witnessed the incident. Thanks for watching out for my kid.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Jacob!!!!! I always knew you were a speedster!

    ReplyDelete